Banana Chia Pudding Treat
Jump to Ingredients
Jump to Instructions
Jump to Print Recipe
About this Recipe
By: Theresa AuCoin
Is it ok to keep a stash of this in the refrigerator, most all the time? I sure hope so. When I get that sugar craving, I often just take a spoonful of this yummy treat, and that satisfies me! This is a super flexible recipe. Once you get the basics down, you can be really creative with this. WHY CHIA SEEDS? To really appreciate this treat, you must know how really AWESOME Chia Seeds are! How about quick ENERGY? YES! Chia seeds are full of protein, healthy fats, dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins and even antioxidants! Chia seeds have been known to help promote weight loss – which could be because they are very filling.
OK, YES it’s the same Chia seeds that you remember as chia pets with its greenery as fur. But forget that novelty. These are a super food in my opinion. Chia seeds are known to fight against inflammation, lower diabetes risk, protect you from autoimmune disease and cancer and even prevent rheumatoid arthritis. For me, I especially love the ENERGY boost from chia seeds!
- 1 banana
- 2 cups coconut milk (I use the milk in the carton, but you can use the canned one)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tiny splash of almond (unless you don’t like this)
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 cup milled chia seeds (or plain) Once you try this recipe, you’ll figure out if you like the pudding thicker (more chia seeds) or not so thick. It’s easy to adjust.
- Add all the ingredients into your blender, EXCEPT for the chia seeds.
- Blend well.
- Now add the Chia seeds and blend GENTLY.
- Refrigerate. The mixture will not “gel” until it is refrigerated at least a few hours.
HAVE FUN with your CHIA SEED PUDDING TREAT!
First of all, you can make the chia seed pudding any flavor you want! Instead of bananas, how about crushed strawberries, or blueberries? How about cacao powder? What would you think about stronger vanilla with lots of added seeds and nuts? Here’s an idea to create layers with Coconut Whipped Cream to come up with a pretty parfait? Top with sliced bananas and strawberries!