Why you should be feelin’ the fruit this summer.
You’ve probably heard about how much of the human body is composed of water. Roughly 55-60% of what makes us up is H2O itself. So, why is this important?
When it comes to our diet, we don’t often consider the hydration factor of our foods. Eating foods with adequate amounts of water themselves allows them to process more naturally in our system, helping balance blood sugar, and give us energy that we can feel. Raw foods like fruit and veggies are especially high in water, which helps the body eliminate and flush toxins. As long as they are cleaned properly and truly organic, this means that they are naturally anabolic foods that help us build and maintain muscle and overall wellness.
Raw fruits and vegetables also contain a lot of fiber, which not only helps us feel fuller longer but also makes them effective detoxifiers.
Fruits can also help purify and cleanse the lymphatic system, which allows for our immune system to work in a powerful way. Don’t we all want to empower our immune systems?
Because raw fruits are so close to nature, they also contain live enzymes that are necessary for every function of the body. Truly, everything about them supports our daily functioning. They are known to revitalize cells and create more energy while helping to repair any damage done and rehydrate us so that our body can more effectively cleanse and heal itself.
So, this summer, consider picking raw fruits and veggies as your go-to, for sides, snacks, and even whole meals!
Theresa’s Natural is Better Bowl
- 2 Each Organic Bananas ripened to your preference and sliced at about ¼ inch thick
- 1 Cup Organic Raspberries rinsed and dried
- 1 Cup Organic Blueberries rinsed and drained
- 1 or 2 Each Organic Nectarines washed and sliced into quarters
- 1 or 2 Each Organic Apricots washed and sliced into quarters
- 1 Each Organic Lime sliced to squeeze for added flavor
- This one is pretty simple, friends! Cut your fruit as you see fit and prefer and then combine.