Coronavirus Prevention: It Takes Guts. Defending Yourself Against Covid.
It Takes GUTS: Defending Yourself Against Covid-19
Beyond Hand Washing & Social DistancingPosted by Your Health Defender on Thursday, March 26, 2020
Publicized Live Presentation: Thursday, March 26, 2020 @ 6pm, Via Facebook.
***Please ensure you un-mute this video’s volume to hear presentation.***
What you can do beyond hand washing & social distancing.
6 Vitamins and Supplements to Strengthen Your Immune System
A common question I’ve seen nearly everywhere in regard to COVID-19 is, “What can I do to protect myself?” Aside from properly washing your hands, practicing excellent hygiene and social distancing, (which are of the utmost importance), having a strong immune system is crucial to keeping you healthy.
So how do you maintain a healthy immune system?
Maintaining a healthy/balanced diet, getting proper sleep and exercising regularly are all key. It’s also important to ensure you’re receiving proper vitamins and nutrients. While most people receive the necessary vitamins and minerals through the foods they eat, that’s not always the case. If you think you may be lacking the proper nutrients I recommend speaking with your physician about incorporating supplements like these (which have worked for me), into your routine.
- The one nutrient that has been proven to be the most effective in helping our bodies prepare to ward off viruses is vitamin C.
- Low vitamin C levels increase susceptibility to viruses.
- Abundant clinical evidence confirms vitamin C’s powerful antiviral effect when used in sufficient quantity.
- Zinc is a powerful antioxidant, shown to help the body fight infections.
- Zinc lozenges are a nice option, proven to effectively block viruses from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx
- Recommended adult dose: 20-40 mg/day
Vitamin D3 (plus K2)
- About 40% of the public is seriously deficient at a serum level below 20 ng/mL and 90% are deficient using the level of 40 to 60 ng/mL
- Unlike vitamin C, it takes days and weeks to build up your level of vitamin D3, so taking a lot today is not going to immediately raise your levels
- Combining K2 with D3 avoids complications associated with excessive calcification in your arteries.
- Magnesium is critical for many health benefits, including allowing your vitamin D3 to activate.
- Magnesium is also critical for preventing migraines, depression, impotence, premenstrual syndrome, osteoporosis and more.
- Of the magnesium forms available, the two that seem the most efficient at penetrating cell membranes are magnesium threonate and magnesium glycinate.
- Multivitamins and mineral supplements help ensure you are consuming the nutrients you might be missing from your diet and nutrients that might be missing from the food you eat.
- Silver has been used for centuries as an antimicrobial to kill harmful bacteria, viruses and fungus.
- The late Dr. Marijah McCain wrote that the presence of colloidal silver near a funguys, virus or bacterium or other single-celled pathogen disables its oxygen-metabolism enzyme, causing it to suffocate and die in mere minutes with no side effects.
- Boosts interferon response to viruses and Covid-19
- Is a zinc ionophore, which helps transport zinc through the cellular plasma membrane and
raises the level of zinc inside the cells.
- Can help lower the viral load and reduce the severity of viral infections
- Hydroxychloroquine is also a zinc ionophore, helping zinc get into the cell.
- Is a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory
As I mentioned previously, taking care of yourself is paramount at this time. So in addition to eating healthy foods and getting enough sleep and exercise, speak with your physician to ensure you’re receiving adequate vitamins and minerals and do your own research to see which supplements might be right for you.